regarding ConvolutionInstanceIterator in WekaDL4J

regarding ConvolutionInstanceIterator in WekaDL4J

Sung Park
In "DL4J" I get an error saying "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" cannot be used
with convolution layer.

However, the tutorial says to use convolutional neural networks where arff
file represents colume-wise flattened image pixel. So, I loaded MNIST as a
csv format with "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" and got error msg.

Can't "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" be used with a convolution layer? So
which layer should it be used with?

Re: regarding ConvolutionInstanceIterator in WekaDL4J

Hmm, this sort of thing works for me (WEKA 3.8.4 with wekaDeeplearning4j 1.6.0).

I did not try MNIST, but the following (a super simple “network” with one convolutional layer followed immediately by an output layer) works on (a numeric-target version of) CIFAR:

weka.classifiers.functions.Dl4jMlpClassifier -iterator "weka.dl4j.iterators.instance.ConvolutionInstanceIterator -height 32 -numChannels 3 -width 32 -bs 1000" -layer "weka.dl4j.layers.ConvolutionLayer -nFilters 1  -rows 2 -columns 2 -strideColumns 2 -strideRows 2" -layer "weka.dl4j.layers.OutputLayer -lossFn \"weka.dl4j.lossfunctions.LossMSE \" -nOut 1 -activation \"weka.dl4j.activations.ActivationIdentity \""

> On 8/09/2020, at 12:56 AM, Sung Park <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In "DL4J" I get an error saying "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" cannot be used
> with convolution layer.
>
> However, the tutorial says to use convolutional neural networks where arff
> file represents colume-wise flattened image pixel. So, I loaded MNIST as a
> csv format with "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" and got error msg.
>
> Can't "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" be used with a convolution layer? So
> which layer should it be used with?
>

> --
> Sent from: https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Re: regarding ConvolutionInstanceIterator in WekaDL4J

Sung Park
Thank you for good information.
With your advice, "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" works fine in "convolution
layer".

Also, I found out that "ConvolutionInstanceIterator" with "LeNet"from "Model
Zoo"  was availabel even in the following cases.
1) Select "LeNet" from "model zoo"
2) Changed to "CustomNet" (Although the name has changed, the structure
continues to be in the form of "LeNet")
3) Select "ConvolutionInstanceIterator"

Regards