"Distributed" pattern matching / classification

"Distributed" pattern matching / classification

franzsite
I'm trying to understand if there are similarities inside sequences of bytes. Some of them are labelled as "matching", some of them not, but I can not discover if there is a "distributed pattern" (i.e., formed by a set of *non consecutive* bytes inside sequences) allowing recognition of matching sequences.
I've originally tried to compare my sequences using byte windows of 2, 3, 4, ... *consecutive* bytes, but there are no common elements among matching sequences (and of course not present inside unmatching ones).
Is there any algorithm I can use in Weka to leave it the job to analyze my sequences and try to extract that pattern (if it exists...)? In my idea it should be made by bytes that are always at the same position inside sequences.

Thank you!

Franz