machine learning_weka

mohammad gholizade
Hello,
I am an ecologist and want to know, application of genetic algorithm and greedy stepwise to select input variables in classification tree models.  also want to analysis my data with SVM.
now, i install weka, i can not find genetic algorithm and SVM in weka.
please guide me
best regards

Mohammad Gholizadeh

Assistant Professor in Hydrobiology and Ecology,

Department of Fisheries, Gonbad Kavous University ,

Shahid Fallahy Street, Gonbad Kavous , Iran,

Cell Phone: +98-911-425-9536

Alternative E-mails: [hidden email]

Re: machine learning_weka

Eibe Frank-3
Genetic search becomes available if you install the attributeSelectionSearchMethods package:

In WEKA's GUIChooser, select the package manager from the Tools menu to install this package.

An SVM implementation is available as weka.classifiers.functions.SMO. There is also weka.classifiers.functions.SGD for learning a linear SVM using stochastic (sub)gradient descent (pick the hinge loss to get an SVM).

LibLINEAR and LibSVM are available as separate packages. LibLINEAR is for linear SVMs (if configured with the hinge loss). LibSVM is for arbitrary SVMs. LibSVM is generally faster than SMO.