how to extract the data points from ROC Curve to visualize externally (using the java api)

how to extract the data points from ROC Curve to visualize externally (using the java api)

sh.br.alemi
This post was updated on .
hello,

currently I am running a random forest model as a defect prediction model.

While I am able to extract the AUC when I evaluate the model -
*I would like to know if there is any way I can extract the data points that
represent the ROC Curve the AUC metric uses. (using the java api) *

I want these points so that I can graph them in a data visualization tool
and while i could evaluate in the weka api, i am running these over hundreds
of training samples so it is only viable for me to code in java using the
api so i can automate extracting the curve's points/representation

thank you,
Shaheen

Re: how to extract the data points from ROC Curve to visualize externally (using the java api)

Michael Hall

> On Oct 24, 2019, at 3:21 AM, sh.br.alemi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hello,
>
> currently I am running a random forest model as a defect prediction model.
>
> While I am able to extract the AUC when I evaluate the model -
> *I would like to know if there is any way I can extract the data points that
> represent the ROC Curve the AUC metric uses. (using the java api) *
>
> I want these points so that I can graph them in a data visualization tool
> and while i could evaluate in the weak api i am running these over hundreds
> of training samples so it is only viable for me to code in java using the
> api so i can automate extracting the curve's points/representation

Someone may provide a better answer but I googled this…
https://waikato.github.io/weka-wiki/roc_curves/

Re: how to extract the data points from ROC Curve to visualize externally (using the java api)

Peter Reutemann-3
On October 24, 2019 9:21:47 PM GMT+13:00, "sh.br.alemi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>hello,
>
>currently I am running a random forest model as a defect prediction
>model.
>
>While I am able to extract the AUC when I evaluate the model -
>*I would like to know if there is any way I can extract the data points
>that
>represent the ROC Curve the AUC metric uses. (using the java api) *
>
>I want these points so that I can graph them in a data visualization
>tool
>and while i could evaluate in the weak api i am running these over
>hundreds
>of training samples so it is only viable for me to code in java using
>the
>api so i can automate extracting the curve's points/representation
>
>thank you,
>Shaheen
>

>--
>Sent from: https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Have a look at this code example:
https://waikato.github.io/weka-wiki/generating_roc_curve/

This is also available from the examples that come with Weka.