Where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?

Where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?

佐藤 広行
Hello!

May I ask where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?

I imported Weka 3-8-4 as an eclipse project on Window 10, and the Weka runs well,
however the Weka cannot accept my data set, utf-8.

By the way, Weka 3-8-4 executable for 64-bits Windows accepts the data set with a fixed RunWeka.ini, and SNM makes a great model.

Thank you in advance.

Hiro
PGI

Re: Where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?

Peter Reutemann
> May I ask where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?
>
> I imported Weka 3-8-4 as an eclipse project on Window 10, and the Weka runs well,
> however the Weka cannot accept my data set, utf-8.
>
> By the way, Weka 3-8-4 executable for 64-bits Windows accepts the data set with a fixed RunWeka.ini, and SNM makes a great model.

These are command-line options to the JVM itself:
https://waikato.github.io/weka-wiki/faqs/can_i_process_utf8_datasets_or_files/

Set these parameters in your Eclipse launch configuration:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/862405/4698227

Re: Where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?

佐藤 広行
Hello Peter,

Thank you.

As of encoding, I change eclipse -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> encoding.
As of memory, I change eclipse.ini.

Then, Weka on eclipse accepts my data set.

Thank you again.

Hiro
PGI

> May I ask where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?
>
> I imported Weka 3-8-4 as an eclipse project on Window 10, and the Weka
> runs well, however the Weka cannot accept my data set, utf-8.
>
> By the way, Weka 3-8-4 executable for 64-bits Windows accepts the data set with a fixed RunWeka.ini, and SNM makes a great model.

These are command-line options to the JVM itself:
https://waikato.github.io/weka-wiki/faqs/can_i_process_utf8_datasets_or_files/

Set these parameters in your Eclipse launch configuration:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/862405/4698227

Re: Where are fileEncoding=Cp1252 and javaOpts="-Xmx6000M" in Weka 3-8-4 source codes?

erkanozhan
Another problem happened with me. For Turkish characters. The database was
UTF-8. However, Weka did not see it. Say this as a solution. However,
download Weka with Zulu JRE. Then type the following code in a .bat file and
run it in the folder where Weka is located. I hope it works. Greetings...

"java -Dfile.encoding = UTF-8 -jar weka.jar -classpath" c: \ Progra ~ 1 \
Weka-3-8-4 \ weka.jar "