Urgent help is requied from WEKA developers

Urgent help is requied from WEKA developers

andria lan
Hi all,

Kindly what are the acceptable laptop specs required to run WEKA efficiently? And How to find such information online or in WEKA?

What are the main WKEA specifications, such as Processor, Memory, Graphics, etc.? And How to find such information online or in WEKA?

Thanks in advance.

Andria

Re: Urgent help is requied from WEKA developers

Peter Reutemann-3
There is no simple answer to your question, as it depends on what you are trying to do with Weka, your datasets and algorithms applied to the data.

Small datsets and LinearRegression you can run within 10s of MB.
If you use datasets with many rows in conjunction with kernel-based methods like SVMs then you might need lots of GB of RAM (massive matrices).
If you want to use deep learning via the dl4j package, then you need a Nvidia graphics card (the more GPU RAM the better).
Some algorithms can take advantage of multiple cores, which speeds up training.
Don't forget a fast SSD, to reduce time waiting on I/O.

My current work laptop is a quad core i7 with 32GB RAM, no GPU, and 2TB SSD. Deep learning tasks I normally perform on servers (Linux servers in conjunction with docker), as I don't use dl4j.

AMD can offer more cores than Intel.

Cheers, Peter

On March 3, 2021 6:02:24 PM GMT+13:00, Andria Lan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Kindly what are the acceptable laptop specs required to run WEKA
>efficiently? And How to find such information online or in WEKA?
>
>What are the main WKEA specifications, such as Processor, Memory,
>Graphics,
>etc.? And How to find such information online or in WEKA?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Andria

Re: Urgent help is requied from WEKA developers

andria lan
Many thanks, Peter, for the quick response. It helps a lot.

Cheers,
Andria