Has anyone had success loading the “weka-xgboost” classifier? I’m having a
lot of trouble with it. I followed all the instructions to install the
XGBoost shared library and the Weka package from GitHub’s
SigDelta/weka-xgboost. In Weka, however, when I select XGBoost under the
tree classifiers nothing happens. The little bird jumps up and immediately
sits back down with no results generated. I tried adding my C:\xgboost\lib\
to the system and user Paths. I also tried copying the xgboost.dll file to
both the Weka application and the wekapackages\xgboost\ directories.
Nothing seems to work, though.
It turns out that the wekaPython package still works after all, and you can
run XGBoost through the ScikitLearnClassifier in that package too. I'm not
sure why it didn't work for me before; I just tried again and it works now.
Perhaps I forgot to restart WEKA after installing the wekaPython package.
Doing it this way rather than using the RPlugin is slightly more involved
because you need to manually install packages such as pandas in Python and
also manually install the XGBoost package in Python.
The error that I quoted only affects an example flow for the KnowledgeFlow
that comes with wekaPython. It needs to be fixed but has nothing to do with
the wekaPython functionality in general.