The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Zak

The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Zak
Hey there,

I was wondering if someone has used this new class balancer filter in WEKA 3.7 ?

 http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc.dev/weka/filters/supervised/instance/ClassBalancer.html

How does it actually work ? How this giving same weight to all class work ? Will this avoid the well-know classifier bias towards to majority class ?

I am have actually 6 classes with different sizes and I want to use cross validation as performance evaluation. As I can see, that I can balance them using this filter and these use filtered classification. Here my second question comes in ?

In filter classification, how weighting work ? Will it just be used for training phases and not the testing ?

Cheers
Khan

Re: The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Martin

On 21 April 2015 at 19:12, Zuhaib Khan [via WEKA] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey there,

I was wondering if someone has used this new class balancer filter in WEKA 3.7 ?

 http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc.dev/weka/filters/supervised/instance/ClassBalancer.html

How does it actually work ? How this giving same weight to all class work ? Will this avoid the well-know classifier bias towards to majority class ?

I am have actually 6 classes with different sizes and I want to use cross validation as performance evaluation. As I can see, that I can balance them using this filter and these use filtered classification. Here my second question comes in ?

In filter classification, how weighting work ? Will it just be used for training phases and not the testing ?

Cheers
Khan

http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/The-new-Class-Balancer-Filter-for-balancing-class-with-filtered-classification-tp34317.html
To unsubscribe from WEKA, click here.
NAML

Zak

Re: The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Zak
Hi Marten,

thanks. I have looked at it but it is still not clear to me where this idea comes from. Can you refer any paper or source when I read about how giving similar weights will avoid the classifier's bias towards majority class ?

Re: The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Martin
So far, I do not have reference related to this filter.Please refer to the author/developer for further information.

Regards,
Martin

On 22 April 2015 at 17:08, Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sent from the WEKA mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Zak

Re: The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Zak

Hope the author responds here :)

Re: The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Yes, if you use the ClassBalancer in conjunction with the FilteredClassifier, only the training data will be reweighted so that each class has the same total weight. The test data will be left unchanged.

Zak

Re: The new Class Balancer Filter for balancing class with filtered classification

Zak
Is it possible to get a reference on how this weighting different classes will avoid majority class bias ?

Re: SMOTE filter in weka

ajmal
i am using weka tool but SMOTE filter does not work now a days any help me

Re: training and test data

ajmal
sir please tell me that if i want to use only test data for classification
then how how can i use train ing data as test data