Text Classification Using Weka

Shobhit Mathur
I have a large number of text files organized into folders
corresponding to their target classes. i.e. suppose I have 1000 files
and 10 target classes, each text file is stored in the folder
corresponding to its target class.

I was wondering how I could use weka for doing text classification.
i.e given a new text file I want to classify it into one of the 10
target classes.

I couldn't find this in the weka documentation.

Could someone please help me.

Shobhit

Re: Text Classification Using Weka

Peter Reutemann
> I have a large number of text files organized into folders
> corresponding to their target classes. i.e. suppose I have 1000 files
> and 10 target classes, each text file is stored in the folder
> corresponding to its target class.

Here you can find code for generating ARFF files out of directories:
http://weka.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/ARFF_files_from_Text_Collections

HTH

http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/     +64 (7) 838-4466 Ext. 5174