Still want to know if WEKA can be used to implement Rough Set Theory

Still want to know if WEKA can be used to implement Rough Set Theory

Rabiu Hassan
Hello.
Yes I'm new on this platform, though I have sent mail about using weka to implement Rough Set Theory (RST); unfortunately no reply was given.
My project supervisor suggested me to use weka to carryout  RST operations.

my question remains can weka be used and how.

Thanks

Re: Still want to know if WEKA can be used to implement Rough Set Theory

Mark Hall
There is the MODLEM rough sets-based rule learner package for recent versions of WEKA

http://weka.sourceforge.net/packageMetaData/MODLEM/index.html

There is also this collection of fuzzy rough sets-based algorithms that is included in a modified version of Weka (3.7.2):

https://www.hse.ru/data/2011/06/25/1215300216/Weka.pdf

(a download link is included in the pdf).

Cheers,
Mark.

On 12/04/17, 12:24 AM, "Rabiu Hassan" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello.Yes I'm new on this platform, though I have sent mail about using weka to implement Rough Set Theory (RST); unfortunately no reply was given.
    My project supervisor suggested me to use weka to carryout  RST operations.

    my question remains can weka be used and how.

    Thanks

Re: Still want to know if WEKA can be used to implement Rough Set Theory

palomita
Why doesn't MODLEM work with some correct files? Does it have any constraints
I would need to know about? Thanks in advance

Re: Still want to know if WEKA can be used to implement Rough Set Theory

Arkadiusz Wojna
I guess you are looking for an algorithm computing reducts provided as
an attribute selection method in Weka GUI. As far as I know none of the
Weka packages exposes such an algorithm. MODLEM contains some aspects of
rough set theory but it does not compute reducts. It uses a covering
algorithm to generate a set of rules.

However, if you need to compute reducts for a data set in an arff
format, there are some options:

1. Rseslib is a Weka-based package that provides a command-line program
computing reducts. Information on how to run the program and the types
of reducts available in the program are described in Section "15.1
Compute and write reducts" of Rseslib user guide:

http://rseslib.mimuw.edu.pl/rseslib.pdf

Rseslib distribution can be downloaded from:

http://rseslib.mimuw.edu.pl/download.html

The program computes reducts in an arff data set after adding both
rseslib.jar and weka.jar to the class path.

2. Professor Richard Jensen provided a fork of an older version of Weka
extended with a number of algorithms computing reducts available in GUI
as attribute selection methods. The fork and the guide are available at:

http://users.aber.ac.uk/rkj/site/?page_id=139

Regards
Arek