Sequential Forward Selection in Weka

yagmur
Hi,
Does Weka have an algortihm for Sequential Forward / Backward Selection?
I think Best First or Greedy Stepwise are different from sequential forward
or backward selection.

Thanks for helping
yagmur

Re: Sequential Forward Selection in Weka

GreedyStepwise is what you want. It does a forward search by default but backward elimination is an option:

  http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc.dev/weka/attributeSelection/GreedyStepwise.html

> On 17/09/2019, at 8:15 AM, yagmur <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Does Weka have an algortihm for Sequential Forward / Backward Selection?
> I think Best First or Greedy Stepwise are different from sequential forward
> or backward selection.
>
> Thanks for helping
> yagmur
>

> --
> Sent from: https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Sequential Forward Selection in Weka

yagmur
Thanks for your answer. But greedy stepwise stop search when result
decreases. I want algorithm try all features, do not stop when any
decreasing occurs like Basic sequential forward or backward selection. Is
there any algorthm like that?

Re: Sequential Forward Selection in Weka

If I’m not mistaken, you can do that for the forward selection case by applying RankSearch and specifying a subset evaluator as the “attribute evaluator”.

Mark, can you confirm this?