Runing CatBoost

Javier Pérez
Hi,
first: Weka is a great tool, congratulations!

I am testing different algorithms and the truth is that CatBoost is quite interesting for some lines of work.
I can run XGBoost inside Weka without problems (via R-Plugin). Is there a way to do something similar with CatBoost?

Perhaps via wekaPhyton? If so, I would appreciate an example, just toy code.

thanks again to the Weka devs!

Re: Runing CatBoost

Not directly using wekaPython, but it should be possible to do this using the wekaPyScript package:

https://github.com/christopher-beckham/weka-pyscript

You can install it using the WEKA package manager, just like wekaPython.

A paper providing an introduction to wekaPyScript is here:

https://openresearchsoftware.metajnl.com/articles/10.5334/jors.108/