RemoveUseless on specific set of attributes

RemoveUseless on specific set of attributes

Rutger Vlek
Dear all,

I was wondering if it is possible to parametrize the RemoveUseless filter such that it only performs its operation on a selection of attributes, while not touching others. I have a dataset with some mandatory features, that I don't want removed (even if they're useless based on the criteria of this filter), and others that I do want to subject to this filter.

Rutger

Re: RemoveUseless on specific set of attributes

Peter Reutemann
> I was wondering if it is possible to parametrize the RemoveUseless filter such that it only performs its operation on a selection of attributes, while not touching others. I have a dataset with some mandatory features, that I don't want removed (even if they're useless based on the criteria of this filter), and others that I do want to subject to this filter.

Unfortunately, that filter doesn't have a range parameter (but we are
always happy to receive a patch!).

I haven't tried it, but you might be able to use the
PartitionedMultiFilter, applying the RemoveUseless filter to a subset
and leaving the rest unchanged.
https://weka.sourceforge.io/doc.dev/weka/filters/unsupervised/attribute/PartitionedMultiFilter.html