Output of RotationForest with "_"

Fer137
When the RotationForest in the explorer prints a tree with these lines, for
example:
-0.707BW_0 + 0.702AW_1-0.083Indi_2_21 <1.47

What do those "_" mean? (This does not belong to the attribute name)
In this example:
_0,
_1,
_2_21

Thanks.

Re: Output of RotationForest with "_"

JUAN JOSE RODRIGUEZ DIEZ
Hi,

The method divides the attributes in groups. The first suffixes (_0, _1
and _2) indicate the attribute number in the group. The last suffix
(_21) indicates the group number.

In the example, the 21th group has attributes BW, AW and Indi.

Best regards,

El 25/1/20 a las 12:00, Fer137 escribió:

> When the RotationForest in the explorer prints a tree with these lines, for
> example:
> -0.707BW_0 + 0.702AW_1-0.083Indi_2_21 <1.47
>
> What do those "_" mean? (This does not belong to the attribute name)
> In this example:
> _0,
> _1,
> _2_21
>

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Sent from: https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Juan Jose Rodriguez
Lenguajes y Sistemas Informáticos, Universidad de Burgos

Re: Output of RotationForest with "_"

Fer137
So it is merely informative and I can remove it if I translate the tree into
rules, right?
Muchas gracias.

Re: Output of RotationForest with "_"

JUAN JOSE RODRIGUEZ DIEZ
Yes, they are informative. But there was another reason for including
them: weka does not allow attributes with the same name. Without these
suffixes it was possible to have duplicate names.

Best regards,