Ordered Learning Model (OLM) in Weka Workbench

Ordered Learning Model (OLM) in Weka Workbench

franciscoperezliebana
Hello,

I´m trying to do some experiments in Weka Workbench with OLM algorithm from "Automatic Generation of Symbolic Multiattribute Ordinal Knowledge‐Based DSSs: Methodology and Applications*" paper of Ben David (1992). In this paper four Dataset are used. I´ve downloaded "Social Workers Decisions" with following csv format :

In1,"In2","In3","In4","In5","In6","In7","In8","In9","In10","Out1"
2,1,1,2,1,1,2,2,1,1,2
1,2,3,3,2,1,3,1,3,3,5
3,3,2,1,2,2,3,3,3,3,5

When I try to load it to Weka Workbench, it seems to work fine, but when i choose OLM algorithm in the WW it is in grey color (not in black) , and "Start" button in "Classify" sheet is not active.

I´ve also tried converting dataset into .arff with following format, but it doesn´t work either :

@relation SWD

@attribute In1 numeric
@attribute In2 numeric
@attribute In3 numeric
@attribute In4 numeric
@attribute In5 numeric
@attribute In6 numeric
@attribute In7 numeric
@attribute In8 numeric
@attribute In9 numeric
@attribute In10 numeric
@attribute Out1 numeric

@data
2,1,1,2,1,1,2,2,1,1,2
1,2,3,3,2,1,3,1,3,3,5
3,3,2,1,2,2,3,3,3,3,5

Does anyone know what it´s going on with this dataset?

Thanks in advance and Regards,
Francisco

Re: Ordered Learning Model (OLM) in Weka Workbench

Capital Markets

There's tension between what the OLM wants in terms of the class attribute and what you're trying to give it.

Classify > rules > OLM > Capabilities

Class
  • Binary class
  • Missing class values
  • Nominal class

Attributes
  • Binary attributes
  • Empty nominal attributes
  • Missing values
  • Nominal attributes
  • Numeric attributes
  • Unary attributes

Additional
  • Minimum number of instances: 1

On 16/10/2020 13:22, [hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much for your great help.

Class attribute in .arff file was not being taken as needed. I fixed it, and it now works very well.

Regards,
Francisco