Numeric to Nominal of output variable

asadbtk
Hello Weka team

I am using a dataset which has an output variable as numeric and hence could be predicted via regression models (e.g Linear Regression). Now I want to use Logistic Regression so I need to make this output variable to nominal, so my question is how can I use it via Weka explorer. I have used the 'Discretize' filter but it does not work for me.

My aim is to evaluate if the nominal value or numeric value provide better results. I will use ML models like Linear/ Logistic Regression, SVM, RF etc.

Best regards

Re: Numeric to Nominal of output variable

Bill Bane
For just this purpose, I have often used the Meta classifier
RegressionByDiscretization.  It discretizes the Target, performs a
classifier of your choice (e.g. SimpleLogistic), and then translates the
results back to numeric predictions.  The panel output also allows you to
examine the nominal classifier model.

Re: Numeric to Nominal of output variable

neha.bologna
OK thank you Bill Bane.

It means if I have a regression based data (continuous variable), first I will use, for instance, linear regression and note the output (e.g rmse value). Then I need to use RegressionbyDiscretization, if I have to check the rmse value with logistic regression?

Regards