Nominal to numeric data

leaner
I am trying to perform forecasting on Times Series data but by some reason
Weka perceives the data as Nominal and is not allowing to perform
forecasting on this data. How can I specify that the data I am using is
Numeric? Can anyone help with an advise please? Would really appreciate
help. Thanks in advance!

Re: Nominal to numeric data

Eibe Frank
Have you looked at the data in the ARFF editor (e.g., by clicking "Edit..." in the Preprocess tab of the Explorer)? It will show you which attributes are considered nominal.

Have you perhaps read the data from a CSV file and missing values are indicated by values other than a question mark in your CSV data? In this case, when you open the data, in the Open file dialog, tick "Invoke options dialog", and you will be able to specify how missing values are represented in the CSV file.

By default, when the CSV loader encounters a value that is not a question mark and that cannot be parsed into a number, it will not create a numeric attribute for the values in that column.