Making Packages

Jordan Troutman
Hello,

I am trying to test a custom package in the Weka GUI, but when I try to load the package it I get the following message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at weka.core.WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.checkForNativeLibs(WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.java:220)
at weka.core.WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.init(WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.java:145)
at weka.core.WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.<init>(WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.java:126)
at weka.core.WekaPackageClassLoaderManager.addPackageToClassLoader(WekaPackageClassLoaderManager.java:369)
at weka.core.WekaPackageManager.initializeAndLoadUnofficialPackage(WekaPackageManager.java:2270)
at weka.core.WekaPackageManager.installPackageFromArchive(WekaPackageManager.java:2257)
at weka.gui.PackageManager$UnofficialInstallTask.doInBackground(PackageManager.java:780)
at weka.gui.PackageManager$UnofficialInstallTask.doInBackground(PackageManager.java:724)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have even tried copying source code from an internal package, changing a few function calls, jaring and compressing the file and the error still occurs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Jordan T. Troutman (LD49936)
Computer Science and Mathematics 2021

Re: Making Packages

Peter Reutemann-3
On October 27, 2019 4:14:53 AM GMT+13:00, Jordan Troutman <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to test a custom package in the Weka GUI, but when I try to
>load the package it I get the following message:
>
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>at
>weka.core.WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.checkForNativeLibs(WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.java:220)
>at
>weka.core.WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.init(WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.java:145)
>at
>weka.core.WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.<init>(WekaPackageLibIsolatingClassLoader.java:126)
>at
>weka.core.WekaPackageClassLoaderManager.addPackageToClassLoader(WekaPackageClassLoaderManager.java:369)
>at
>weka.core.WekaPackageManager.initializeAndLoadUnofficialPackage(WekaPackageManager.java:2270)
>at
>weka.core.WekaPackageManager.installPackageFromArchive(WekaPackageManager.java:2257)
>at
>weka.gui.PackageManager$UnofficialInstallTask.doInBackground(PackageManager.java:780)
>at
>weka.gui.PackageManager$UnofficialInstallTask.doInBackground(PackageManager.java:724)
>at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
>at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
>at
>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
>at
>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
>at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>
>I have even tried copying source code from an internal package,
>changing a
>few function calls, jaring and compressing the file and the error still
>occurs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Instead of trying to modify an existing package, create your own from scratch:

https://waikato.github.io/weka-wiki/packages/structure/

Re: Making Packages

Peter Reutemann-3
On October 28, 2019 4:05:30 PM GMT+13:00, Jordan Troutman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>

>>weka.gui.PackageManager$UnofficialInstallTask.doInBackground(PackageManager.java:724)
>> >at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
>> >at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>> >at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
>> >at
>>

>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
>> >at
>>

>>java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
>> >at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>> >
>> >I have even tried copying source code from an internal package,
>> >changing a
>> >few function calls, jaring and compressing the file and the error
>still
>> >occurs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Instead of trying to modify an existing package, create your own from

I only use ant build scripts for that, no IDE involved.

The wiki article points to the template one.