Is it possible to make your own algorithm in Weka Java api?

Is it possible to make your own algorithm in Weka Java api?

danjaverburg
For my internship I need to make a self learning algorithm in Java, is it possible to set your own parameters or make your own algorithm in Weka. If not do you have any recommendations of java machine learning algorithms that does have this feature.
Thank you in advance for answering.

Re: Is it possible to make your own algorithm in Weka Java api?

Peter Reutemann
> For my internship I need to make a self learning algorithm in Java, is it possible to set your own parameters or make your own algorithm in Weka. If not do you have any recommendations of java machine learning algorithms that does have this feature.

If you have a look at the manual, you will find chapter "19.1 Writing
a new classifier" (also covers option handling).

The easiest way to make your classifier available is write a Weka
package, see chapter "20 Weka Packages".

Re: Is it possible to make your own algorithm in Weka Java api?

There is also the following blog post about how to write a classifier: