Invalid range list at 4.0

neha.bologna
Greetings

I am using genetic search, ant search, bat search and PSO with Weka for feature selection. When I am using genetic search and PSO, it works fine but when I am using the other two algorithms, it gives me the error: Problem evaluating classifier: Invalid range list at 4.0

What could be the problem?

Thank you

Re: Invalid range list at 4.0

This sounds like a bug which would need to be fixed by the package maintainer.

Note that if I had been in charge of admitting packages into the WEKA package repository, animal-based search procedures may not have made the cut. If a process happens in a certain way in nature, this does not imply that emulating this process in a computer program yields an efficient method. Of course, there are algorithms of this kind that truly add to the arsenal of useful available algorithms. However, it seems that there is a meta-heuristic search procedure for every social animal on the face of the planet now. I thought I could perhaps contribute something to this literature and bolster my publication record by making a naked mole rat algorithm (apparently, these animals are highly social!) but alas, it appears that there are two(!) versions already:

Taherdangkoo, M., Shirzadi, M. H., & Bagheri, M. H. (2012). A novel meta-heuristic algorithm for numerical function optimization: Blind, naked mole-rats (BNMR) algorithm. Scientific Research and Essays, 7(41), 3566-3583.

Salgotra, R., & Singh, U. (2019). The naked mole-rat algorithm. Neural Computing and Applications, 31(12), 8837-8857.

Cheers
Eibe

On 30/04/2020, at 5:34 AM, Neha gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings

I am using genetic search, ant search, bat search and PSO with Weka for feature selection. When I am using genetic search and PSO, it works fine but when I am using the other two algorithms, it gives me the error: Problem evaluating classifier: Invalid range list at 4.0

What could be the problem?

Thank you

Re: Invalid range list at 4.0

neha.bologna
Hi Eibe

I could perhaps contribute something to this literature and bolster my publication record by making a naked mole rat algorithm (apparently, these animals are highly social!) but alas, it appears that there are two(!) versions already:

You can perhaps make your contribution by allowing these algorithms as Weka package? The code of these algorithms are so complicated to write in Java/Python etc but Weka made it so easily.

Regards

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 2:46 PM Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

sylvas
I have being able to find solution to this
Invalid range list at 4.0
problem in weka when trying to do feature selection with AntSearch,
BatSearch and BeeSearch search method.

I need help please.