Import data from weka to arcgis

Mickyomondi
I am doing some research on biomass predictive mapping using the svr
algorithm in weka. I am done with the analysis and satisfied with the
results. I am stuck at importing the algorithm into ArcGIS. Does anyone have
an idea on how I can go about it?

Re: Import data from weka to arcgis

Eibe Frank
It seems that ArcGIS has a Java API so you could perhaps write a Java application that uses both the ArcGIS and the WEKA API to do what you want. However, that would probably require quite a bit of software development.

Python plug-ins appear to be more directly supported by ArcGIS:

You can use the python-weka-wrapper (see https://pypi.org/project/python-weka-wrapper/) to use WEKA models and learning algorithms from Python so this might be the way to go.

Alternatively, scikit-learn also supports support vector regression (https://scikit-learn.org/stable/auto_examples/svm/plot_svm_regression.html). It may require some tweaking, but you should be able to get an identical SVR model using the scikit-learn implementation.

Yet another option may be to use R (see https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/analyze-crime-using-statistics-and-the-r-arcgis-bridge/). R also has an implementation of support vector regression.

Note that you can also build the corresponding scikit-learn and R models in WEKA by installing the wekaPython and RPlugin packages respectively, just to confirm that you can get identical models using the support vector regression implementations in those two frameworks.