How to divide the dataset into two parts

How to divide the dataset into two parts

asadbtk
Hi Eibe and Peter, I hope you are well

Is there any easy (and sophisticated) way to divide the arff dataset into two parts using Weka explorer? One part should be 80% and another 20%.

I want to divide the data into (a) part 1 and (b) part 2.. With part1, I will use the k fold CV to evaluate the performance estimates (i.e. RMSE values). Then I will evaluate the performance on the unseen data (part 2) and calculate their differences. The difference of performance estimates between part1 and part2 data is called the bias of the model.

Kind regards

Re: How to divide the dataset into two parts

Peter Reutemann
> Is there any easy (and sophisticated) way to divide the arff dataset into two parts using Weka explorer? One part should be 80% and another 20%.
>
> I want to divide the data into (a) part 1 and (b) part 2.. With part1, I will use the k fold CV to evaluate the performance estimates (i.e. RMSE values). Then I will evaluate the performance on the unseen data (part 2) and calculate their differences. The difference of performance estimates between part1 and part2 data is called the bias of the model.

Use the RemovePercentage filter:
https://weka.sourceforge.io/doc.dev/weka/filters/unsupervised/instance/RemovePercentage.html