HotSpot association rules - no results displayed

HotSpot association rules - no results displayed

Horsten_T
Hi,

I try to use HotSpot on contact-lenses.arff (data as provided with install,
no changes made). There are no results displayed, only Run Information:
Scheme:       weka.associations.HotSpot -c last -V soft -S 0.33 -M 2 -length
-1 -I 0.01

I am running: Weka 3.8.4, Win7, Java v8

There was similar post, so I tried different datasets, none display results
https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/Association-No-results-displayed-td27903.html

Thanks for help
HT

Re: HotSpot association rules - no results displayed

Mark Hall
I’m guessing that you’ve been affected by a bug that we fixed in the 3.8.5/3.9.5 releases that involved the class being set in a dataset after applying a filter in the Preprocess panel of the Explorer. HotSpot’s capabilities don’t allow a class attribute to be set (instead it uses it’s own options to specify class and class label to consider).

I’ve just released a new version of the hotSpot package that relaxes this constraint. This should fix the issue for Weka 3.8.4/3.9.4. Failing that, you could try upgrading to the new Weka release.

Cheers,
Mark.
On 5 Jan 2021, 10:55 PM +1300, Horsten_T <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Hi,

I try to use HotSpot on contact-lenses.arff (data as provided with install,
no changes made). There are no results displayed, only Run Information:
Scheme: weka.associations.HotSpot -c last -V soft -S 0.33 -M 2 -length
-1 -I 0.01

I am running: Weka 3.8.4, Win7, Java v8

There was similar post, so I tried different datasets, none display results
https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/Association-No-results-displayed-td27903.html

Thanks for help
HT

Re: HotSpot association rules - no results displayed

Horsten_T
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your quick reaction, your advice solved my problem.

All the best in New Year to the whole WEKA team!
Best,
HT