Help with WEKA

Subra, Geneson (Chicago HQ)

Hi,

I’m new to WEKA and love it capabilities. I’m trying to load a dataset (attached as Service_Final_1.xls) and perform some analysis. If I try to load the whole set, I get all sorts of errors.

To tackle this issue, I started adding one column at a time. This worked till I get to Column T ( Word_Dt), it throws java lang error. Can someone help me with this?

The WEKA version used is 3.8.4

Thanks

Subra

This e-mail and any files attached are strictly confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. The views and or opinions expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the views of Glory Ltd, Glory Global Solutions Limited or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates and the GLORY Group of companies, their directors, officers and employees make no representation about and accept no liability for its accuracy or completeness. You should ensure that you have adequate virus protection as the GLORY Group of companies do not accept liability for any viruses. Glory Global Solutions Limited Registered No. 07945417 and Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited Registered No 6569621 are both registered in England and Wales with their registered office at: Infinity View, 1 Hazelwood, Lime Tree Way, Chineham, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8WZ, United Kingdom

Service_Final_1.xls (927K) Download Attachment

Re: Help with WEKA

Peter Reutemann
> I’m new to WEKA and love it capabilities. I’m trying to load a dataset (attached as Service_Final_1.xls) and perform some analysis. If I try to load the whole set, I get all sorts of errors.
>
> To tackle this issue, I started adding one column at a time. This worked till I get to Column T ( Word_Dt), it throws java lang error. Can someone help me with this?

The spreadsheet seems to be somewhat inconsistent. When I tried
received the following error from the underlying Apache library
reading the spreadsheet:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot get a text value from a boolean cell
    at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.typeMismatch(HSSFCell.java:640)
    at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.getRichStringCellValue(HSSFCell.java:717)
    at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.getStringCellValue(HSSFCell.java:700)

I loaded the data with LibreOffice's Calc and exported it as CSV. As
next step, I used ADAMS' Spreadsheet file viewer to inspect that file
and I noticed that you have several columns in two different date
formats:
20,31,32,39: dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss
27,28: yyyy-MM

I then configured the CSV reader used by ADAMS' Weka Investigator to
load these columns as date and date/time columns (see
Service_Final_1.txt).
Once loaded, I saved the data as ARFF (see Service_Final_1.arff).

HTH

Service_Final_1.txt (360 bytes) Download Attachment
Service_Final_1.arff (843K) Download Attachment