Fwd: Welcome to the "Wekalist" mailing list

Fwd: Welcome to the "Wekalist" mailing list

David Nguyen
Hi, how do i get P values with weka?

I'm trying to run P values and similar stats testing but not sure how to go about doing this through WEKA.

A person on stackoverflow recommended installing "SignificanceAttributeEval" but I'm not able to find this through package manager. I'm running Weka 3-8-5 for Mac.  Is there another solution or do I have to switch to SAS or some other software; I'm hoping to stick with WEKA to show that it can do anything needed for publication level analysis and peer-to-peer review.

Thanks

Re: Fwd: Welcome to the "Wekalist" mailing list

Peter Reutemann
> A person on stackoverflow recommended installing "SignificanceAttributeEval" but I'm not able to find this through package manager. I'm running Weka 3-8-5 for Mac.

Try the following package:
probabilisticSignificanceAE

For people using the python-weka-wrapper3 library, here's the script:

import weka.core.jvm as jvm
import weka.core.packages as packages
jvm.start(packages=True)
print(packages.suggest_package("SignificanceAttributeEval"))
jvm.stop()

NB: This package suggestion is offline, i.e., based on classes from
"official" packages present at the time of generating the release of
pww3.

Re: Fwd: Welcome to the "Wekalist" mailing list

David Nguyen
Hi Peter, appreciate the response; it gave me a ranking list of my variables but wasn't able to compute P values.  Any other ideas? thanks

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 12:01 AM Peter Reutemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A person on stackoverflow recommended installing "SignificanceAttributeEval" but I'm not able to find this through package manager. I'm running Weka 3-8-5 for Mac.

Try the following package:
probabilisticSignificanceAE

For people using the python-weka-wrapper3 library, here's the script:

import weka.core.jvm as jvm
import weka.core.packages as packages
jvm.start(packages=True)
print(packages.suggest_package("SignificanceAttributeEval"))
jvm.stop()

NB: This package suggestion is offline, i.e., based on classes from
"official" packages present at the time of generating the release of
pww3.

Re: Fwd: Welcome to the "Wekalist" mailing list

Peter Reutemann
> Hi Peter, appreciate the response; it gave me a ranking list of my variables but wasn't able to compute P values.  Any other ideas? thanks

I've never done anything with p values in Weka, so can't really help
there, unfortunately.

Re: Fwd: Welcome to the "Wekalist" mailing list

David Nguyen
no problem. thanks Peter