Dl4jStringToWord2Vec Filter (CBOW or Skip-Gram?)

Dl4jStringToWord2Vec Filter (CBOW or Skip-Gram?)

mcbenly
Hi,

I have just installed WekaDeeplearning4j package in GUI.. So apologies for
this silly question,

I am using Dl4jStringToWord2Vec filter for word2vec embedding within
filterclassifier.

I am wondering which approach is being used with word2vec filter; is it CBOW
or Skip-Gram?

Is there an option to select either of that approach in word2vec filter?

Thanks, Ben

Re: Dl4jStringToWord2Vec Filter (CBOW or Skip-Gram?)

Good question!

It is a wrapper for

  org.deeplearning4j.models.word2vec.Word2Vec

The relevant parameters are defined here:

  https://deeplearning4j.org/api/latest/org/deeplearning4j/models/word2vec/Word2Vec.Builder.html

It looks like it is using the skip-gram model:

  https://skymind.ai/wiki/word2vec

> On 4/09/2019, at 10:00 AM, mcbenly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed WekaDeeplearning4j package in GUI.. So apologies for
> this silly question,
>
> I am using Dl4jStringToWord2Vec filter for word2vec embedding within
> filterclassifier.
>
> I am wondering which approach is being used with word2vec filter; is it CBOW
> or Skip-Gram?
>
> Is there an option to select either of that approach in word2vec filter?
>

> Thanks, Ben
>

> --
> Sent from: https://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Dl4jStringToWord2Vec Filter (CBOW or Skip-Gram?)

mcbenly
Thanks a lot Eibe,