Creating Excel formula directly from decision tree/rules

Creating Excel formula directly from decision tree/rules

achar
Hello, I am new to WEKA. I am using rules.M5Rules and trees.M5P to create
some rules or decision trees based on some data. Is there an automated way
to take the results and create an Excel formula? I want to replicate the
results in Excel but having, say 136 rules, makes it impossible to do it by
hand.

TIA

Re: Creating Excel formula directly from decision tree/rules

Peter Reutemann
> Hello, I am new to WEKA. I am using rules.M5Rules and trees.M5P to create
> some rules or decision trees based on some data. Is there an automated way
> to take the results and create an Excel formula? I want to replicate the
> results in Excel but having, say 136 rules, makes it impossible to do it by
> hand.

No, there's no automated way.
You will either have to write your own Java code to convert the
tree/rules into Excel rules or parse the model output to turn that
into Excel rules.

Re: Creating Excel formula directly from decision tree/rules

> On 11/10/2019, at 10:27 AM, Peter Reutemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I am new to WEKA. I am using rules.M5Rules and trees.M5P to create
>> some rules or decision trees based on some data. Is there an automated way
>> to take the results and create an Excel formula? I want to replicate the
>> results in Excel but having, say 136 rules, makes it impossible to do it by
>> hand.
>
> No, there's no automated way.
> You will either have to write your own Java code to convert the
> tree/rules into Excel rules or parse the model output to turn that
> into Excel rules.

Not quite what is wanted, but it does appear to be possible to run Java programs via macros in Excel:

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11343769/microsoft-excel-macro-to-run-java-program