Class balancing ratio using smote

asadbtk
Hello

I wonder how the smote knows about the perfect ratio of class balancing. I mean, for certain domains, the ratio can be 45-55%,while for some other area like software bug protection data, the ratio should be 20 (buggy data) and 80(non buggy data). Do we need to set the ratio manually?

Best regards

Re: Class balancing ratio using smote

Eibe Frank-3
SMOTE has a "percentage" parameter that you can use to adjust the amount of data that is generated.