Changing seed value of decision tree

Sehrish agha
Hello,
I am trying to change seed value of decision tree but i cant. please tell me how to save that value. Whatever value i am giving, its replaced with '1'

Re: Changing seed value of decision tree

Peter Reutemann-3
On February 1, 2020 12:01:37 AM GMT+13:00, sehrish Agha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>I am trying to change seed value of decision tree but i cant. please
>tell
>me how to save that value. Whatever value i am giving, its replaced
>with '1'

What's the exact class name of the algorithm and where are you trying to change it (command line? Explorer? Experimenter?)?

Re: Changing seed value of decision tree

Sehrish agha
Its j48 and i am using explorer. I am trying to change seed value of algorithm

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020, 6:17 AM Peter Reutemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
On February 1, 2020 12:01:37 AM GMT+13:00, sehrish Agha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>I am trying to change seed value of decision tree but i cant. please
>tell
>me how to save that value. Whatever value i am giving, its replaced
>with '1'

What's the exact class name of the algorithm and where are you trying to change it (command line? Explorer? Experimenter?)?

Re: Changing seed value of decision tree

Peter Reutemann
> Its j48 and i am using explorer. I am trying to change seed value of algorithm

Have you noticed that Weka outputs an error message in the console?
"WARNING: Changing the seed only makes sense when using reduced error pruning"

Once you turn on reduced error pruning (-R), you can set the seed value (-Q).

Re: Changing seed value of decision tree

Sehrish agha
Yes now its done. Thanks for your help.