Changing a node's label

Varun Chandra
Hello,

I want to know if there’s a way to modify the decision rules (and labels of select nodes) of a decision tree created using the C4.5 algorithm (http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc.dev/weka/classifiers/trees/J48.html). This is to achieve the results presented in https://arxiv.org/pdf/1006.2588.pdf. To quote the exact lines (which motivate my request):

Specifically, we use the J48 algorithm from Weka v3.6.2 (with default parameters) to select the hypothesis hk in each round k; to produce the “alternative” hypothesis hk, we just modify the decision tree hk by changing the label of the node used for predicting on xk

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Varun

Re: Changing a node's label

The easiest way to do this is to modify the J48 code.