Cannot start weka

rahul.sood
I downloaded weka as described below

/Click here to download a zip archive containing Weka (weka-3-8-5.zip; 55.4
MB)
First unzip the zip file. This will create a new directory called
weka-3-8-5. To run Weka, change into that directory and type

java -jar weka.jar
Note that Java needs to be installed on your system for this to work. Also
note that using -jar will override your current CLASSPATH variable and only
use the weka.jar./

I tried to start weka using this command

java -jar weka.jar

I get following error

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
weka.core.WekaPackageClassLoaderManager (f
ile:/W:/data/software/weka-3-8-5/weka.jar) to method
java.lang.ClassLoader.defin
eClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
weka.core.WekaPack
ageClassLoaderManager
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflect
ive access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
java.lang.NullPointerException

java.desktop/sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2.ja
va:278)

java.desktop/sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2.ja
va:273)
        java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)

java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolEx
ecutor.java:1128)

java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolE
xecutor.java:628)

java.desktop/sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$1.run(Win
32ShellFolderManager2.java:557)
        java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

        at
java.desktop/sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2
.java:278)
        at
java.desktop/sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$1.call(Win32ShellFolder2
.java:273)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoo
lExecutor.java:1128)
        at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPo
olExecutor.java:628)
        at
java.desktop/sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$1.run(
Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:557)
null

I then tried to start it using this command

javaw -jar weka.jar

With the above command the splash screen of Weka comes up and then just
disappears.

Can anyone help me ?

OS Windows 7
Java is openjdk11.0.3

Re: Cannot start weka

rahul.sood
I resolved this. For others. I had an old wekafiles folder in my home
folder...once i deleted that it worked.