Cannot handle numeric attributes

songxiongwu
Hi,

I would like to use the function of selection attribute to sort the information gain of features, but my data format is numeric attributes.It seems to be unable to calculate information gain in the selection attribute. Module input about calculating the information gain or information gain rate must be nominal attributes? If  the data are numeric attributes, what shoule I do?

Weka version: 3.8.4

--
Thanks & Regards,
songxiong

Re: Cannot handle numeric attributes

Peter Reutemann-3
On January 15, 2020 7:29:23 PM GMT+13:00, [hidden email] wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to use the function of selection attribute to sort the
>information gain of features, but my data format is numeric
>attributes.It seems to be unable to calculate information gain in the
>selection attribute. Module input about calculating the information
>gain or information gain rate must be nominal attributes? If  the data
>are numeric attributes, what shoule I do?
>
>Weka version: 3.8.4
>
>--
>Thanks & Regards,
>songxiong

Are you talking about InfoGainAttributeEval? That can handle numeric attributes. However, the class attribute needs to be nominal.