Can we copy residuals of predictions into excel sheet?

Can we copy residuals of predictions into excel sheet?

asadbtk
Hello Eibe and Peter, I hope you are well.

When we perform the prediction in the classify tab, we get the residuals (difference between predicted and actual values).. I want to perform the statistical tests based on these residuals and for that, I have to export these values into excel (It is difficult to manually type them).

My question is can we directly export these values into excel ? Because I am unable to copy them and paste into the excel sheet.

Kind regards

Re: Can we copy residuals of predictions into excel sheet?

Peter Reutemann
> When we perform the prediction in the classify tab, we get the residuals (difference between predicted and actual values).. I want to perform the statistical tests based on these residuals and for that, I have to export these values into excel (It is difficult to manually type them).
>
> My question is can we directly export these values into excel ? Because I am unable to copy them and paste into the excel sheet.

I presume you are referring to the "error" column in the predictions?

In the "More options" dialog in the Explorer, instead of using
"PlainText"  for "Output predictions", select "CSV". Open the
properties for the CSV output and select an appropriate output file.

The generated CSV file you should be able to import in Excel
(personally, I prefer LibreOffice's import dialog for CSV files).

Re: Can we copy residuals of predictions into excel sheet?

asadbtk
Great Peter, I will try it today.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards