Can WEKA use a database to read data (and not just for storing results of an experiment)?

Can WEKA use a database to read data (and not just for storing results of an experiment)?

ratsaby
I am familiar on using WEKA with JDBC (I am using HSQLDB) for the purpose of storing Experimenter's results.

I would like to know if it is possible to use the database instead of an .arff file, that is, to have WEKA use the database
to read the dataset, in the Experimenter.

If the answer is yes, can this help to speed up learning from very large datasets?

thanks
Joel

Re: Can WEKA use a database to read data (and not just for storing results of an experiment)?

Peter Reutemann
> I am familiar on using WEKA with JDBC (I am using HSQLDB) for the purpose of storing Experimenter's results.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to use the database instead of an .arff file, that is, to have WEKA use the database
> to read the dataset, in the Experimenter.

No. The weka.experiment.Experiment class, which is used by the
Experimenter to store the experiment configuration, only works with
files.