Adding outliers to our data

asadbtk
Good day to everyone

My question is if it is possible we can add outliers to our regression-based data using Weka explorer?

There are indeed some outliers already in my data, but I want some ranges of the outliers i.e. 20%, 40%, 70% and 100% differences from the original data.

Best regards
Javed

Re: Adding outliers to our data

Eibe Frank-3
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Adding outliers to our data

asadbtk
Thank you Eibe for this.

I will try this expression and I hope it will work.

Best regards

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 2:23 PM Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can probably do this using an undocumented(?) feature of MathExpression. The expression language used in MathExpression (and AddExpression) supports calling static Java methods as part of the expression (which actually makes the NumericTransform filter in WEKA redundant). For example, to add uniform noise +/- 0.5 to your numeric target, assuming it is the last attribute in your data, you can use

weka.filters.unsupervised.attribute.MathExpression -E "A-0.5+java(\'java.lang.Math\', \'double random()\')" -V -R last -unset-class-temporarily

Note that the expression language also supports conditional statements, so you can do pretty sophisticated things with it.