About Rweka

asadbtk
Hi

Is there any updated tutorial about the configuration of R plugin for Weka?

Best regards

Re: About Rweka

RWeka is a library for R.

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 7:59 AM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Is there any updated tutorial about the configuration of R plugin for Weka?

Best regards

Re: About Rweka

OK, you mean the RPlugin, which is a package for WEKA, not R. RWeka, in contrast, is a library for R that you configure from within R. They are quite different.

If you start WEKA with a console window, you should see more detailed information about what is going wrong.

Assuming you have installed R in the standard way with the default location for the software, and you have an Internet connection so that WEKA can download and install required libraries in R when necessary, it should all just work. Make sure you don’t have any environment variables such as R_LIBS_USER or R_HOME set in your (Windows?) environment variables. This used to be necessary but that is no longer the case in most scenarios.

> On 12/10/2019, at 12:16 PM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eibe, yes I know about it but don't know how to configure it inside weka. I can see the R console tab in my weka but it shows the error, R does not seem to be available. Perhaps, the configuration issue. R in my computer is 64 bits as well as Java.
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> RWeka is a library for R.
>
> Cheers,
> Eibe
>
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 7:59 AM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any updated tutorial about the configuration of R plugin for Weka?
>
> Best regards

Re: About Rweka

Zamani
What are the required libraries to download in R

On Saturday, October 12, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, you mean the RPlugin, which is a package for WEKA, not R. RWeka, in contrast, is a library for R that you configure from within R. They are quite different.

If you start WEKA with a console window, you should see more detailed information about what is going wrong.

Assuming you have installed R in the standard way with the default location for the software, and you have an Internet connection so that WEKA can download and install required libraries in R when necessary, it should all just work. Make sure you don’t have any environment variables such as R_LIBS_USER or R_HOME set in your (Windows?) environment variables. This used to be necessary but that is no longer the case in most scenarios.

> On 12/10/2019, at 12:16 PM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eibe, yes I know about it but don't know how to configure it inside weka. I can see the R console tab in my weka but it shows the error, R does not seem to be available. Perhaps, the configuration issue. R in my computer is 64 bits as well as Java.
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> RWeka is a library for R.
>
> Cheers,
> Eibe
>
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 7:59 AM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any updated tutorial about the configuration of R plugin for Weka?
>
> Best regards

Re: About Rweka

Eibe Frank
To use WEKA from R, run the

  install.packages("RWeka")

command in R. That is all you need to do.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 8:00 AM Akmed Rufa <[hidden email]> wrote:
What are the required libraries to download in R

On Saturday, October 12, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, you mean the RPlugin, which is a package for WEKA, not R. RWeka, in contrast, is a library for R that you configure from within R. They are quite different.

If you start WEKA with a console window, you should see more detailed information about what is going wrong.

Assuming you have installed R in the standard way with the default location for the software, and you have an Internet connection so that WEKA can download and install required libraries in R when necessary, it should all just work. Make sure you don’t have any environment variables such as R_LIBS_USER or R_HOME set in your (Windows?) environment variables. This used to be necessary but that is no longer the case in most scenarios.

> On 12/10/2019, at 12:16 PM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eibe, yes I know about it but don't know how to configure it inside weka. I can see the R console tab in my weka but it shows the error, R does not seem to be available. Perhaps, the configuration issue. R in my computer is 64 bits as well as Java.
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> RWeka is a library for R.
>
> Cheers,
> Eibe
>
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 7:59 AM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any updated tutorial about the configuration of R plugin for Weka?
>
> Best regards

Re: About Rweka

asadbtk
Hello Eibe,

When we install Weka in R using install packages, what tasks can we perform regarding Weka? Apart from loading arff file to R environment, how can we perform tasks such as CVParameterSelection using R?

Best regards

On Sunday, October 13, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
To use WEKA from R, run the

  install.packages("RWeka")

command in R. That is all you need to do.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 8:00 AM Akmed Rufa <[hidden email]> wrote:
What are the required libraries to download in R

On Saturday, October 12, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, you mean the RPlugin, which is a package for WEKA, not R. RWeka, in contrast, is a library for R that you configure from within R. They are quite different.

If you start WEKA with a console window, you should see more detailed information about what is going wrong.

Assuming you have installed R in the standard way with the default location for the software, and you have an Internet connection so that WEKA can download and install required libraries in R when necessary, it should all just work. Make sure you don’t have any environment variables such as R_LIBS_USER or R_HOME set in your (Windows?) environment variables. This used to be necessary but that is no longer the case in most scenarios.

> On 12/10/2019, at 12:16 PM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eibe, yes I know about it but don't know how to configure it inside weka. I can see the R console tab in my weka but it shows the error, R does not seem to be available. Perhaps, the configuration issue. R in my computer is 64 bits as well as Java.
>
> On Friday, October 11, 2019, Eibe Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> RWeka is a library for R.
>
> Cheers,
> Eibe
>
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 7:59 AM, javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any updated tutorial about the configuration of R plugin for Weka?
>
> Best regards

Re: About Rweka

Peter Reutemann-3

>When we install Weka in R using install packages, what tasks can we
>perform
>regarding Weka? Apart from loading arff file to R environment, how can
>we
>perform tasks such as CVParameterSelection using R?

RWeka is a third party package maintained by the R community.

Have you read its documentation?
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RWeka/index.html

If you have questions then check out the contact details for this package.

Re: About Rweka

If you are asking this because of the option handling with Weka_control() in RWeka, take a look at

Weka_control() is quite limited and it seems to be best to just use an R list to specify parameters for WEKA classifiers in RWeka.