vote.arff

Davide Barbieri
Hello everyone

I am using the vote.arff for clustering, but I cannot find any description or explanation of the features.
For example, "handicapped infants": does Y mean that the individual has handicapped infants?
Or that he/she is in favor of some law for supporting handicapped infants?
"Physician fee-freeze"=Y means that the individual is in favor of the Physician fee-freeze?
Can you help me on this?
Thanks

--
Davide Barbieri

http://docente.unife.it/davide.barbieri/

Universita' di Ferrara - http://www.unife.it/

Re: vote.arff

The data represents congressional voting records.

According to

  https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/congressional+voting+records

the data is from the

  Congressional Quarterly Almanac, 98th Congress, 2nd session 1984, Volume XL: Congressional Quarterly Inc. Washington, D.C., 1985.

Perhaps you can get access through your library?

Jeffrey Schlimmer's doctoral dissertation may also have more information. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available online.