using Discretize filter for class attribute

using Discretize filter for class attribute

Ирина

Hi,
I'm using Weka explorer, and I want to discretize class attribute(it is numeric). I'm applying unsupervised Discretized filter, and it works fine on all the attributes except for the class attribute. Being applied to class attribute it doesn't do any changes, leaving the class numeric and after saving it, the file doesn't change either.
Is there any way to discretize class attribute?
Thanks
Irene

Re: using Discretize filter for class attribute

Eibe Frank
Yes, you need to select "No class" from the pop-up menu that you get
when you click on the "Class: ..." button above the histogram in the
Preprocess panel.

On Jun 18, 2005, at 5:28 AM, Ирина wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using Weka explorer, and I want to discretize class attribute(it
> is numeric). I'm applying unsupervised Discretized filter, and it
> works fine on all the attributes except for the class attribute. Being
> applied to class attribute it doesn't do any changes, leaving the
> class numeric and after saving it, the file doesn't change either.
> Is there any way to discretize class attribute?
> Thanks
> Irene

Re: using Discretize filter for class attribute

Ирина
This way weka discretize all the attributes, even though I choose only "last"(or the appropriate attribute number) to be discretized. If I do not choose "no class" and try to discretize last, there are no changes at all. But I need only the class to be discretized, others stay the same. Is it possible?
Thanks
Irene

Хостинг@Mail.ru - надежно, выгодно, удобно!
http://r.mail.ru/cln2729/hosting.mail.ru/

Re: using Discretize filter for class attribute

Eibe Frank
Really? Which discretize filter are you using? It seems to work for me.
It only discretizes the attribute that I have specified in the filter
options.