scalability with PrincipleComponents.. can we find more optimal attribute selector

scalability with PrincipleComponents.. can we find more optimal attribute selector

Praveen K-4
Hi all,

I have a strange, (may be trivial for some people) problem. Need to select attributes from a pool of a very large DataSet, say 3000X3000 (3000 attributes for 3000 instances) with no class variable. I need an unsupervised Attribute selector, so started working with PrincipleComponents.

Unfortunately i see that it demands more memory and speed (it got STUCK with 2.5 gHz processor with max heap size set to 1g, on linux). Can any one suggest me some other methods/attribute selectors, or tuning parameters for PrincipleComponents to be used for my application?  Are there any other unsupervised attrubute selectors in WEKA which are fast and dont demand much resources?

Your suggesstions are greatly admired, Thanks in Advance,

Praveen

Discover Yahoo!
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more. Check it out!