Quantcast

cannot see xMeans clustering option

Manoj Agrawal

Hello,

I have Weka 3.8.1 version install on my windows machine. I was trying to do xMeans clustering on iris data set as per the online lecture but I cannot see the option. Screenshot is attached.

I went to the package manager and reinstalled the package for xMeans but still no luck

please help.

regards,

Manoj Agrawal

Re: cannot see xMeans clustering option

Have you restarted WEKA after you installed the package? Unfortunately, restarting WEKA is necessary once a package has been installed.

> On 9/02/2017, at 12:38 PM, Manoj Agrawal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have Weka 3.8.1 version install on my windows machine. I was trying to do xMeans clustering on iris data set as per the online lecture but I cannot see the option. Screenshot is attached.
>
> <pastedImage.png>
>

> I went to the package manager and reinstalled the package for xMeans but still no luck
>
> <pastedImage.png>
>
> please help.
>
> regards,
>
> Manoj Agrawal

Re: cannot see xMeans clustering option

Manoj Agrawal

Hi Eibe,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I restarted Weka and even restarted my machine but neither helped. Then I noticed that I do not see ClassificationByClustering and some other algorithms as well.

I uninstalled 3.8.1 version and installed 3.6.11 instead and I can see xMeans and others. Is something not right with version 3.8.1 or was there some installation problem? Not sure. Will reinstall latest version later and check.

regards,

Manoj Agrawal