Weka 3.9.3 Exception "java.lang.NumberFormatException"

Weka 3.9.3 Exception "java.lang.NumberFormatException"

cschiri
Dear Mark,

Firstly, complements of the season and the best of wishes for 2019!

I am not new to Weka: I have been using it for two years now without issues.
Recently, I have been running Weka Version 3.9.3 on a Windows 7 32Bit Acer
Aspire without any issues for two weeks. (I am using this machine in the
interim; my main machine developed issues that are currently being
resolved).

Recently, I tried to install Weka's Python Package via the Package Manager.
The installation failed and the machine crashed. I have since managed to
restore it. And, I uninstalled the failed installation via the Package
Manager in Safe Mode.

Initially, Weka worked, but crashed just after I had converted a nominal
attribute to a string, and; attempted to run the string-to-word-vector
filter on the same attribute.

The problem I face now is whenever I try to run Weka, even after
uninstalling and reinstalling both Weka and Java, I get the following
exception:

Could not initialize the GenericPropertiesCreator. This exception was
produced: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "           ".

Here is the output of the console:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        weka.gui.GUIChooserApp.<init>(GUIChooserApp.java:663)
        weka.gui.GUIChooserApp.createSingleton(GUIChooserApp.java:176)
        weka.gui.GUIChooserApp.main(GUIChooserApp.java:1676)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        weka.gui.SplashWindow.invokeMain(SplashWindow.java:306)
        weka.gui.GUIChooser.main(GUIChooser.java:92)

        at weka.gui.GUIChooserApp.<init>(GUIChooserApp.java:663)
        at weka.gui.GUIChooserApp.createSingleton(GUIChooserApp.java:176)
        at weka.gui.GUIChooserApp.main(GUIChooserApp.java:1676)
        at weka.gui.SplashWindow.invokeMain(SplashWindow.java:306)
        at weka.gui.GUIChooser.main(GUIChooser.java:92)
null

C:\Program Files\Weka-3-9>

Please help me to resolve this error. I cannot start the new year without
Weka!

Best.

C.S.

--