Weka 3.8.3 Does Not Open on MacOS Mojave

Weka 3.8.3 Does Not Open on MacOS Mojave

Zico
I have been trying to run Weka 3.8.3 version on MacOS 10.14.2 and it seems it
crashes before showing the Weka Startup Screen. The version 3.8.1 is running
perfectly fine, which I  ran after failing to run the 3.8.3 version.

I am not sure what should I do to run the 3.8.3. Any suggestion would be
really appreciable.

To run Weka 3.8.3 with JVM, I followed these steps:

a. Downloaded from the website
b. Allowed the file to run on MacOS Mojave as Non-identified Developer (Open
Anyway under Security & Privacy)
c. Then clicked Open and for a moment it started, then disappeared form the
dock. It does not show the Startup Logo.
d. I did the same thing (steps a-c) for Weka 3.8.1 and it is running on
MacOs 10.14.2.

--
Sent from: http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Weka 3.8.3 Does Not Open on MacOS Mojave

Eibe Frank-3
Mojave uses the APFS file system, which isn't supported by older versions of Mac OS X. We recently replaced the Mac OS X/macOS installer .dmg for WEKA 3.8.3 with one that uses the HFS+ file system instead, so that people with older versions of Mac OS X can install WEKA using the .dmg. Perhaps that is the reason why it is not working for you?

Apparently, you can convert an HFS+ .dmg to an APFS one with Disk Utility:

Does that work for you?

Another option is to simply download the platform independent .zip file for WEKA, expand it, and double-click on the weka.jar file to run WEKA. (This is assuming you have Java installed on your system.)

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 8:26 PM Zico <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It does open the DMG file on MacOS Mojave and I can see the Weka 3.8.3 and
the Folder named Weka 3.8.3. I copied these to the Application folder. The
Weka 3.8.3 does open but after providing the security access (Open anyway),
then it crashes.

I will try converting it to APFS.

--
Sent from: http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Weka 3.8.3 Does Not Open on MacOS Mojave

Zico
I did that, but no success. On the other hand, Weka 3.8.2 is working on my
machine. So I have no clue why isn't working for the 3.8.3!

--
Sent from: http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/