Unable to install package "distributedWekaSpark"

Unable to install package "distributedWekaSpark"

Chaitanya Birudavolu
Hi,

I'm using Weka 3.8.1

Trying to install distributedWekaSpark, through Package Manager.

I see the repository version to be 1.0.9.

But when I click on install, the progress-indicator fails to go beyond a tiny level (you might call it a 2% progress). Even after 2 hours. Made 2 such attempts.

Is there some problem with the hosting of this download?

Any alternative ways to install this package? Please could you help?

I don't think there's anything wrong with my network or firewall or proxy settings -- I've successfully installed other packages.

Thanks and Regards,
Chaitanya

Re: Unable to install package "distributedWekaSpark"

Peter Reutemann
> Trying to install distributedWekaSpark, through Package Manager.
>
> I see the repository version to be 1.0.9.
>
> But when I click on install, the progress-indicator fails to go beyond a tiny level (you might call it a 2% progress). Even after 2 hours. Made 2 such attempts.

Any error messages in the terminal?

> Is there some problem with the hosting of this download?

None that I could see.

> Any alternative ways to install this package? Please could you help?

All packages are hosted here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/weka/files/weka-packages/

You can always download them separately and install these via the
"Unofficial/file" button in the package manager. Please note, that you
will have to resolve dependencies yourself when installing manually.

NB: I've never used this package myself.

Re: Unable to install package "distributedWekaSpark"

Chaitanya Birudavolu

Thanks.

No, there was no terminal error message.

----STATUS UPDATE----

I worked around this problem by upgrading from Weka 3.8.1 to 3.9.3.

The reason why this worked is probably because this newer Weka downloads a different version of this package (1.1.9 instead of 1.0.9) from the package repository.

Of course, this workaround had the unpleasant side-effect that I had to also re-download and re-install a few MORE packages that were previously working fine with my earlier Weka version.

Cheers,
Chaitanya

 Subject: Re: [Wekalist] Unable to install package "distributedWekaSpark"
 To: [hidden email], "weka List" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018, 8:17 PM

 > Trying to install
 distributedWekaSpark, through Package Manager.

 > I see the repository
 version to be 1.0.9.

 > But when I click on install, the
 progress-indicator fails to go beyond a tiny level (you
 might call it a 2% progress). Even after 2 hours. Made 2
 such attempts.

 Any error
 messages in the terminal?

 > Is there some problem with the hosting of
 this download?

 None that I
 could see.

 > Any alternative ways to
 install this package? Please could you help?

 All packages are hosted
 here:
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/weka/files/weka-packages/

 You can always download them
 separately and install these via the
 "Unofficial/file" button in the
 package manager. Please note, that you
 will
 have to resolve dependencies yourself when installing
 manually.

 NB: I've
 never used this package myself.

 Dept. of