Semi-supervised learning for feature selection

Semi-supervised learning for feature selection

Leonardo Vianna
Hi there,

I read a recent article that reports the use of an unsupervised algorithm to perform a feature selection. And after, the execution of a classification on that new dataset.

It was reported as a semi-supervised approach.

I researched that. And, until here, I just found semi-supervised approaches for feature selection in datasets with instances both labelled and unlabelled. It is different.

Do you think it is considered a semi-supervised approach just clustering a dataset and classifying it later?

I think this could help to solve my data mining problem. But is it a semi-supervised learning?

Regards,

Leonardo