Saving settings in Explorer's Forecast Panel

Saving settings in Explorer's Forecast Panel

Chaitanya Birudavolu

Hi,

I'm just introduced to the Forecast panel of Weka's Explorer.

Being feature-rich and very flexible, it understandably has complex settings that influence what happens when the Start button is hit. There's a Basic settings tab, and an Advanced settings tab (which has its own sub-tabs).

Is there a way to save these settings as part of the Result in the Result list?

And is there a way to include those settings in the text output produced by the Start button?

Thanks and Regards,
Chaitanya

Re: Saving settings in Explorer's Forecast Panel

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to do this.

It would be very useful to have the ability to save the state of any WEKA panel.

> On 15/11/2018, at 11:35 PM, Chaitanya Birudavolu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm just introduced to the Forecast panel of Weka's Explorer.
>
> Being feature-rich and very flexible, it understandably has complex settings that influence what happens when the Start button is hit. There's a Basic settings tab, and an Advanced settings tab (which has its own sub-tabs).
>
> Is there a way to save these settings as part of the Result in the Result list?
>
> And is there a way to include those settings in the text output produced by the Start button?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Chaitanya

Re: Saving settings in Explorer's Forecast Panel

Chaitanya Birudavolu
Thanks Eibe.

I believe its value is more for the Forecast Panel, given that Panel's complexity. Some alternatives (that may or may not be relatively easy to implement), are:

--Writing out the configuration settings as part of the textual output when the Start button is hit.
--Providing an option to copy the settings to the clipboard, in some readable text format.

Thanks and Regards,
Chatianya

 Subject: Re: [Wekalist] Saving settings in Explorer's Forecast Panel
 To: "Chaitanya Birudavolu" <[hidden email]>, "Weka machine learning workbench list." <[hidden email]>