SOM cluster

frusso
SOM cluster

I would like to use the SOM to cluster different attribute vectors. I tried with SOM under classify in the weka package but in this case the SOM is used as classificator.

Some help?

Thanks.  Felice

___F_e_l_i_c_e___ R_u_s_s_o___
     Micron Technology Italy
    Senior Technical Member
        phone : 0863423983/3403558918
          fax    : 0863423391
     e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: SOM cluster

Eibe Frank
An implementation of the SOM algorithm for Weka is available here:

http://www.it.swin.edu.au/personal/jbrownlee/wekalvq/lvq.html

(Note that it is implemented as a classifier, so it will label the
data.)

There is no implementation of SOMs in the Weka distribution. My guess
is that you are referring to the SMO algorithm for learning a support
vector machine classifier.

On Jul 8, 2005, at 2:40 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I would like to use the SOM to cluster different attribute vectors. I
> tried with SOM under classify in the weka package but in this case the
> SOM is used as classificator.
>
> Some help?
>
> Thanks.  Felice
>
> ___F_e_l_i_c_e___ R_u_s_s_o___
>      Micron Technology Italy
>     Senior Technical Member
>         phone : 0863423983/3403558918
>           fax    : 0863423391
>      e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: SOM cluster

frusso
Thanks for your reply.
You are right. I don't want classify the data. I don't have a class but only attributes. So I would like to cluster them with SOM but for what I undestood there is no possibility under weka. The only algo to do that is the Em one. Correct?

Thanks.  Felice

An implementation of the SOM algorithm for Weka is available here:

http://www.it.swin.edu.au/personal/jbrownlee/wekalvq/lvq.html

(Note that it is implemented as a classifier, so it will label the
data.)

There is no implementation of SOMs in the Weka distribution. My guess
is that you are referring to the SMO algorithm for learning a support
vector machine classifier.

On Jul 8, 2005, at 2:40 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I would like to use the SOM to cluster different attribute vectors. I
> tried with SOM under classify in the weka package but in this case the
> SOM is used as classificator.
>
> Some help?
>
> Thanks.  Felice
>
> ___F_e_l_i_c_e___ R_u_s_s_o___
>      Micron Technology Italy
>     Senior Technical Member
>         phone : 0863423983/3403558918
>           fax    : 0863423391
>      e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: SOM cluster

Eibe Frank
You can include an artificial class attribute and set all its values to
be missing (i.e. using a "?").

There are also some other clustering algorithms in Weka (i.e. k-means).

On Jul 11, 2005, at 6:57 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> You are right. I don't want classify the data. I don't have a class
> but only attributes. So I would like to cluster them with SOM but for
> what I undestood there is no possibility under weka. The only algo to
> do that is the Em one. Correct?
>
> Thanks.  Felice

Re: SOM cluster

Willy Inchaustti
Hi Eibe, I saw that in the file WekaLVQ-1.3.1.zip we need to add the file
weka\gui\GenericPropertiesCreator.props with the next line for it to work
with WEKA:

# Lists the Classifiers-Packages I want to choose from
weka.classifiers.Classifier=\
 weka.classifiers.bayes,\
 weka.classifiers.functions,\
 weka.classifiers.neural,\
 weka.classifiers.neural.lvq,\
 weka.classifiers.neural.singlelayerperceptron,\
 weka.classifiers.neural.multilayerperceptron,\
 weka.classifiers.lazy,\
 weka.classifiers.meta,\
 weka.classifiers.trees,\
 weka.classifiers.rules

Cheers,
Willy Inchaustti

> An implementation of the SOM algorithm for Weka is available here:
>
> http://www.it.swin.edu.au/personal/jbrownlee/wekalvq/lvq.html
>
> (Note that it is implemented as a classifier, so it will label the
> data.)
>
> There is no implementation of SOMs in the Weka distribution. My guess
> is that you are referring to the SMO algorithm for learning a support
> vector machine classifier.
>
> Cheers,
> Eibe
>
> On Jul 8, 2005, at 2:40 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I would like to use the SOM to cluster different attribute vectors. I
>> tried with SOM under classify in the weka package but in this case the
>> SOM is used as classificator.
>>
>> Some help?
>>
>> Thanks.  Felice
>>
>> ___F_e_l_i_c_e___ R_u_s_s_o___
>>      Micron Technology Italy
>>     Senior Technical Member
>>         phone : 0863423983/3403558918
>>           fax    : 0863423391
>>      e-mail: [hidden email]

Advertencia:
Este mensaje contiene la opinion personal del remitente y
la Universidad Catolica Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion
no asume responsabilidad alguna con relacion al contenido del presente mensaje.
Cualquier consulta realizar por favor a [hidden email] .

Protected by LED