Question about how to increase the heap size.

Question about how to increase the heap size.

Stanley, Yemin Shi
Hi, everyone,
I am using weka for dataset w around 5000-10000 attributes, during the data loading, the program corrupt with a message box for increasing heap size. Could anyone kindly pls tell me how to do this.

Thanks for time

Yemin

Re: Question about how to increase the heap size.

Van der Goten Koen

Hello Yemin,

More information may be found at the following URL:

Alexander K. Seewald - WEKA Command-Line Primer: http://www.oefai.at/~alexsee/WEKA/

HTH,

Koen

--

Koen Van der Goten

Volvo IT Belgium

Appl. Services - Business Development & Project Office

Smalleheerweg 31, 9041 Oostakker

volvo tel.: +32 (0)9 255 69 13

volvo mobile: +32 (0)473 58 14 11

email: [hidden email]

I am using weka for dataset w around 5000-10000 attributes, during the data loading, the program corrupt with a message box for increasing heap size. Could anyone kindly pls tell me how to do this.

Thanks for time

Yemin

Re: Question about how to increase the heap size.

> I am using weka for dataset w around 5000-10000 attributes, during the
> data loading, the program corrupt with a message box for increasing heap
> size. Could anyone kindly pls tell me how to do this.

Searching the Weka list archives
(https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/htdig/wekalist/) for "heap
size" returns as second hit the following posting, which explains more
about the heap size (actually, it refers to another posting):
https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/htdig/wekalist/2005-January/003298.html

Since the latest release (3.4.5 and 3.5.0), the popup dialog (when Weka
runs out of memory) tells one how to increase the heap size. If you're
using Win32, you'll have to edit the RunWeka.bat batch file (modify the
java call there accordingly).

HTH

http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/     +64 (7) 838-4466 Ext. 5174