Problem loading package manager

Schnattinger, Prof. Dr. Klemens

Hi,

today, I installed Weka 3.8.2 and nearly everything works fine but the installation of the package manager. If I try to start the package manager, the following error message occurs:

[WekaPackageManager] problem parsing number of packages from server.

Caching repository metadata, please wait...

Refresh in progress. Please wait...

[DefaultPackageManager] downloaded 0 KB

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Klemens Schnattinger\wekafiles\repCache\packageList.txt (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

        java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

        java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)

A problem has occurred whilst trying to get all package information. Trying a cache refresh...

Refresh in progress. Please wait...

[DefaultPackageManager] downloaded 0 KB

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Klemens Schnattinger\wekafiles\repCache\packageList.txt (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

        java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

It seems, that the package server (weka.sourceforge.com) is down. How can I install the package manager properly?

Sincerely

Klemens

Re: Problem loading package manager

cel_11
Hello, when I try to open Package Manager, I get an error that reads, "There
was a problem establishing the package metadata cache. We'll try to use the
repository directly." Nothing happens after this. Are there new project
sites? How do we access them? Thanks in advance. - C

--
Sent from: http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/

Re: Problem loading package manager

The most common problem using the package manager is that WEKA is used behind a proxy server and does not have direct access to the web.

You can solve this issue by specifying the proxy server and port for Java by setting an appropriate environment variable.

For example, create a new environment variable

_JAVA_OPTIONS

and give it the value

-Dhttp.proxyHost=<proxy_server> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<proxy_port>

replacing <proxy_server> and <proxy_port> with the details relevant for your institution.

Once you have created this variable, start WEKA again.

This variable should work if you are using Oracle JDK or OpenJDK. Otherwise, you can try using JAVA_OPTS, which should be read by the start-up script for WEKA (if you are using Windows).