Path for package manager on Windows

Rafael Bellini
Hello!

I am trying to figure which is the content of the var which holds the path of the package manager in Windows 10 as this link has for posix : https://weka.wikispaces.com/How+are+packages+structured+for+the+package+management+system%3F.
If someone could help me I will be thankful.

I think I can change this var to use the own Weka application folder to locate packages, right?

Regards,
Rafael

Enviado via UCSMail.

Re: Path for package manager on Windows

Mark Hall
WEKA_HOME is the variable that holds the path to the root directory where Weka stores various bits and pieces (including installed packages). By default, this is set to:

user.home/wekafiles

user.home is a platform-independent java property that points to the current user's home directory. The separator character is platform-specific (under Windows it will be a back slash). You can set WEKA_HOME to point to the Weka installation folder as long as the user running Weka has permission to write to that directory.

Cheers,
Mark.

On 4/05/17, 12:07 PM, "Rafael Bellini" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello!
    I am trying to figure which is the content of the var which holds the path of the package manager in Windows 10 as this link has for posix : https://weka.wikispaces.com/How+are+packages+structured+for+the+package+management+system%3F.
    If someone could help me I will be thankful.

    I think I can change this var to use the own Weka application folder to locate packages, right?

    Regards,
    Rafael

    Enviado via UCSMail.

Re: Path for package manager on Windows

Rafael Bellini
Alright Mark, great!
Thank you for the answer.
How do I set on Windows to weka.jar load a .jar package from the same folder weka.jar is and whithout using a System path.
I just need to load packages directly from Weka folder. And when I mode Weka folder the packages still working.

Regards,
Rafael

[...]

You can create a new WEKA_HOME environment variable. Just check out how to create a new environment variable on Windows.

> On 5/05/2017, at 1:56 AM, Rafael Bellini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Alright Mark, great!
> Thank you for the answer.
> How do I set on Windows to weka.jar load a .jar package from the same folder weka.jar is and whithout using a System path.
> I just need to load packages directly from Weka folder. And when I mode Weka folder the packages still working.
>
> Regards,
> Rafael

> WEKA_HOME is the variable that holds the path to the root directory where Weka stores various bits and pieces (including installed packages). By default, this is set to:
>
> user.home/wekafiles
>
> user.home is a platform-independent java property that points to the current user's home directory. The separator character is platform-specific (under Windows it will be a back slash). You can set WEKA_HOME to point to the Weka installation folder as long as the user running Weka has permission to write to that directory.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.
>
> On 4/05/17, 12:07 PM, "Rafael Bellini" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hello!
>     I am trying to figure which is the content of the var which holds the path of the package manager in Windows 10 as this link has for posix : https://weka.wikispaces.com/How+are+packages+structured+for+the+package+management+system%3F.
>     If someone could help me I will be thankful.
>
>     I think I can change this var to use the own Weka application folder to locate packages, right?
>
>     Regards,
>     Rafael
>

>     Enviado via UCSMail.

> Enviado via UCSMail.

Re: Path for package manager on Windows

Rafael Bellini
Thank you for your answer Eibe!

The thing is I am converting Weka.jar into a Weka.dll to be able to use as a library on VisualStudio/C# project.
It works so far but now I am starting to use SVMs and then it is required to install libSVM as a external package which I can convert to a dll as well, but weka won´t find.
And in the end this will be a .NET website where I will be moving the files and folder. So those dlls should be contained into a single folder and be able to find each other.
Perhaps someone could help me a way to solve it out please.

Regards,
Rafael

You can create a new WEKA_HOME environment variable. Just check out how to create a new environment variable on Windows.

> On 5/05/2017, at 1:56 AM, Rafael Bellini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Alright Mark, great!
> Thank you for the answer.
> How do I set on Windows to weka.jar load a .jar package from the same folder weka.jar is and whithout using a System path.
> I just need to load packages directly from Weka folder. And when I mode Weka folder the packages still working.
>
> Regards,
> Rafael

> WEKA_HOME is the variable that holds the path to the root directory where Weka stores various bits and pieces (including installed packages). By default, this is set to:
>
> user.home/wekafiles
>
> user.home is a platform-independent java property that points to the current user's home directory. The separator character is platform-specific (under Windows it will be a back slash). You can set WEKA_HOME to point to the Weka installation folder as long as the user running Weka has permission to write to that directory.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.
>
> On 4/05/17, 12:07 PM, "Rafael Bellini" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hello!
>     I am trying to figure which is the content of the var which holds the path of the package manager in Windows 10 as this link has for posix : https://weka.wikispaces.com/How+are+packages+structured+for+the+package+management+system%3F.
>     If someone could help me I will be thankful.
>
>     I think I can change this var to use the own Weka application folder to locate packages, right?
>
>     Regards,
>     Rafael
>

>     Enviado via UCSMail.

> Enviado via UCSMail.

Enviado via UCSMail.

Re: Path for package manager on Windows

You'll probably have to unpack the different .jar files into the same directory structure and then create a single .jar file from that.