Quantcast

Over run timer after KnowledgeFlow's status=OK

Over run timer after KnowledgeFlow's status=OK

Gorn
Dear wekalist,

I want to measure the training time of a knowledge flow.  There is a time column reported on the Status window at the bottom of knowledge flow.  However, I run into an issue that this timer never stops running.

My sample flow looks like this:

The issue is observed in the RemoveByName (highlighted).  The expression is a simple "^A|B$".  After running the flow and knowledge flow's status turns OK, the status timer on RemoveByName never stops running, as shown here:

Then knowledge flow's total timer is not reported.

Did I do something wrong in the expression? or should this be a bug?

Best regards,
Gorn T.
Best regards,
Gorn

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @3.20GHz @3.20GHz RAM 8.00GB
Java jPortable 8 64-bit Update 101 (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Weka Knowledge Flow 3.8.2-SNAPSHOT as of January 18, 2017
Time Zone GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

Re: Over run timer after KnowledgeFlow's status=OK

Mark Hall
It's an issue with the log panel's status area. It shouldn't affect the execution of your flow. The timers in the status area of the log are turned off when a step indicates that it is finished by sending the string "Finished" to the log. Steps are identified in the status area by their name plus option settings (if any). Unfortunately, the pipe character is used to separate a step's identification string from the status message that it is printing. So, the "Finished" message is not recognized in this case due to a parsing error caused by your regular expression :-)

Cheers,
Mark.

    <http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/file/n39341/weka--over_run_timer1--png--170202Rax.png>
    <http://weka.8497.n7.nabble.com/file/n39341/weka--over_run_timer2--png--170202Rax.png>

    -----
    Best regards,
    Gorn

    Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1
    Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @3.20GHz @3.20GHz RAM 8.00GB
    Java jPortable 8 64-bit Update 101 (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
    Weka Knowledge Flow 3.8.2-SNAPSHOT as of January 18, 2017
    Time Zone GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

Re: Over run timer after KnowledgeFlow's status=OK

Gorn
Mark Hall wrote
Unfortunately, the pipe character is used to separate a step's identification string from the status message that it is printing.

Is there anyway or is there any plan to address this pipe character usages?  It will be nice if we can read the flow run time when we need to use alternatives (|) in our regular expression as well.  Is there any workaround?